TERANGI MALAMKU, the solar lamp project will be re-started soon to answer the needs of electricity deprived communities in Maguindanao, Philippines. There are still many areas in Maguindanao which have no access to electricity and even those with access are prone to experience power outages regularly due to shortage of energy from power plants. The solar lamps will provide the much needed light for the nightly activities and will result to an enhanced living quality.
Most of those who have no electricity use kerosene lamps at night but these lamps need to be refilled all the time and not to mention, they are quite dangerous to use and emit an unpleasant smell. Solar lamps are much better alternative as they are easier to handle, safer and cheaper in the long run. If taken care of properly, it can last for years. Once charged it can last for 5 hours or more. It can also serve as a power source for charging phones. Contact us to join!
QURBAN FOR HUMANITY AND SOLIDARITY 1437 H
ACT MALAYSIA COLLABORATED WITH 4 NGOS TO RAISE 155 cows for Mindanao!
In addition to 39 cows and 21 goats collected from ACT's own donors base, 155 cows were entrusted to ACT by four well-established NGOs namely:
1. Badan Ugama Kebajikan MARA with 68 cows
2. Dompet Dhuafa Indonesia with 50 cows
3. Islamic Relief Malaysia with 27 cows
4. Yayasan MyCare with 10 cows
BANTUAN IFTAR RAMADAN (AL-BIR 1437H)
RAMADAN PROGRAM 2016
FOOD PACKS and PURIFIED WATER - 210 food packs (1-2 weeks supply) + 60 refills (1 gallon per refill) of purified water were distributed to 4 different locations:
1. Makir, Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao; (50 families)
2. Pidsandawan, Radjah Buayan, Maguindanao (100 families);
3. Bugawas, Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao (45 families);
4. Kurintem, Datu Odin Sinsuat,Maguindanao (15 families).
IFTAR PACKS - Iftar packages (beef dish + rice + drinks) were distributed to 1400 families in 7 different locations in Cotabato City and Maguindanao:
1. Barangay Esteros, Cotabato City (in cooperation with MyCare)
2. Sitio dimurog, Lower Buliok, Sultan Mastura, Maguindanao (in cooperation with MyCare)
3. Rosary Heights 9 (RH-9) Purok Kutangbato, Cotabato City (in cooperation with MyCare)
4. Nursery Magelco, Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao (in cooperation with MyCare)
5. Barangay Datu Balabaran, Cotabato City
6. Damaniog, Bagua 1, Cotabato City
7. Rosary heights 7 (RH-7) Talitay, Cotabato City
I'TIKAF - 200 persons joined the I'tikaf program, implemented in 2 different Masjid during the last 10 days of Ramadan. They were provided with sahur as motivation.
FOOD SUPPLIES FOR ORPHANAGE CENTRES- Three orphanage centres were supplied with food including rice, sugar, bread, eggs, beverage, noodles, etc.
1. Darul Muhsineen, Markaz Ali Awshin, Crossing Simuay Sultan Kudarat Maguindanao
2. Markaz Al-Aytam, Brgy Gang, Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao
3. Markaz At-Tamayyuz, Brgy Datu Sharif, Kalanganan 2, Cotabato City
IFTAR FOR STUDENTS AND YOUTH- 2 different events (youth programs) were sponsored by ACT Malaysia (Iftar).
TELAGA CONSTRUCTION- 36 Telagas or water wells were started being constructed just before Ramadan and most of them are already completed.
WHAT WE DID LAST RAMADAN...
● IFTAR with Ceramah 1,420 persons -beneficiaries in 5 locations.
● WATER WELLS - 8 water wells completed.
● FOOD PACKS
- 610 foodpacks distributed to 9 locations.
● SOLAR LAMPS - 50 pcs solar lamps distributed (totalled ~1,200 pieces).
● ZAKAT - 150 madaris teachers
given 1,000 pesos per teacher.
● ZAKAT - 70 widows received p1,000 each.
● ZAKAT - 20,000 pesos for selected poor.
● FOOD SUPPLIES for orphanage- Dar Amir received 96,000 pesos worth of supplies.
● 1 CARING HOUSE built (15,000 pesos).
● FIDYAH- 13 families benefited (13,680 pesos).
● IKTIKAF LAST 10 NIGHTS - 200 persons were organized and provided with food during the last 10 days of Ramadan (84,000 pesos)
(note: RM1=10.5 pesos, 2015)
"1000 RAMADAN FOOD PACKS PROGRAM"
Distribution at Brgy. Makir, Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao. 100 foodpacks for 100 families (July 3, 2015). Sebahagian besar dari penduduk di sini adalah bekas pelarian perang yg sudah lama meninggalkan kampung halaman dan sebab terlalu lama berada di sini akhirnya terus bermastautin di sini. Raut dari setiap dari wajah mereka munkin tidak menampakkan kesengsaraan, sebenarnya ada seribu satu cerita sedih di belakangnya....
DISTRIBUSI PERTAMA (50 pek) - "1000 FOOD PACKS FOR MINDANAO" di Barangay Datu Usman Mampen, Cotabato City, Mindanao (6 Ramadan 1436H).
Sumbangan 50 pek makanan kepada 50 keluarga dhuafa di Barangay Datu Usman. Kehidupan mereka memang susah. Ini antara kata-kata penerima..
“Adalah sukar untuk mendapatkan wang untuk hidup setiap hari. Kehidupan adalah sangat sukar tanpa pekerjaan yang stabil. Suami saya adalah seorang pemandu multicab dan pendapatannya biasanya hanya 200 peso (~RM17) sehari. Jelas tidak cukup untuk keperluan harian dan 3 anak-anak kami. Lebih buruk lagi adalah kami tidak akan mendapat apa-apa pendapatan pada masa-masa apabila dia mendapat sakit dan tidak dapat memandu. Kami hanya berdoa kepada Allah supaya Dia meringankan keadaan kami. Terima kasih banyak untuk pek makanan ini. Alhamdulillah, ya Allah. Shukran , Shukran ...”. Lorna Datumanong, 24