ACTION CARING TEAM (M) BERHAD
@ ACT MALAYSIA
We are an NGO (non-government organization)
Listed as a "PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE AND NOT HAVING A SHARE CAPITAL" under COMPANIES ACT (1965) (Registration No : 824401D)
TOGETHER, WE CARE
Board of Trustees
Prof. Dr. Rahinah bt. Ibrahim
Nuzul Fikri bin Salam
Nadia binti Suboh
Mustafa Kamal bin Mohd Zaini
Director of International Programs (Asia Pacific)
Kurais Abdullah Karim
Director of Local Community and Youth Programs
Raihan bt. Mustafa Kamal
Director of International Programs (Middle East & Other regions)
Haji Mohd Radzi Abdul Rashid
Head of Community Arabic Education Program
Haji Mohd Radzi Abdul Rashid
ACT envisions to be a leader in developing social concern based on volunteerism towards creating community independence. For the communities it serves, ACT envisions a peaceful, prosperous, kind and inclusive society, sustained by empowered local people.
- To alleviate difficulties faced by indigent communities
- To respond to the suffering of the poor
- To improve the quality of life of the poor
- To generate awareness and participation in the community
- To strengthen the donors community
- Recurring annual projects include AL-BIR or Bantuan Iftar Ramadan (food packs, iftar packs, i'tikaf, purified water refill, cash assistance for madaris teachers) and QHS or Qurban for Humanity and Solidarity.
- Telaga @ Water Well Construction
- Masjid Renovation
- Educational assistance for the poor (scholarship, sponsorship)
- Livelihood project for the poor (goat raising, rabbit raising, etc.)
ACT Malaysia at a Glance (a brief history)
ACT Malaysia stands for Action Caring Team Malaysia. We are a non government organization established in July 2008 to serve as a platform in helping humanity in need by delivering social and humanitarian services. Even before ACT Malaysia was founded, the team behind it has served communities in Aceh, Jogjakarta, Mindanao, Palestine and Cambodia since the year 2001 under different organizations.
Our vision is to be a pioneer in raising a caring global society through creativity and professionalism in our humanitarian and social works. It is our mission to develop a society infused with the spirit of volunteerism, independent and caring for humanity.
Most of ACT Malaysia's humanitarian programs are focused on Mindanao, recently hit by a series of disasters, both natural and manmade – floods due to typhoons and mass displacement of civilians due to armed conflict. ACT provides assistance through the annual Ramadan and Qurban activities. In addition, during the height of the displacement , food supply, tents, household items and cash donations were also given to the affected. Education and livelihood programs for orphans and IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons / evacuees) are ongoing, too. Nevertheless, ACT is expanding its reach to serve needy communities in other countries such as Cambodia and Pakistan, Bangladesh (Rohingya), Aceh, Yemen, etc.
Since its founding in 2008, ACT Malaysia has benefited more than a million people (IDP’s, Orphans, Widows and the Poor) in Mindanao through the yearly Ramadan and Qurban programs, water well installations, solar lamps project, livelihood projects, education sponsorship to orphans and more.
Since 2008, ACT Malaysia has earned the support of loyal individual donors in Malaysia who make up the base of our contributors. We have also partnered with other NGO’s, institutions and corporations to improve our programs and widen our reach including:
1. Humanitarian Care Malaysia @ MyCARE
2. Pertubuhan Ikram Malaysia
3. Badan Ugama dan Kebajikan MARA
4. Multimedia University International Students Association @ Enlightenment
5. Dompet Dhuafa Indonesia
6. Ikatan Guru-Guru Muslim Malaysia (iGURU)
7. Sekolah Islam Adni Malaysia
8. Al-Khair, United Kingdom
9. Department of Education, Philippines
10. International Monitoring Team (IMT-Malaysia)
11. NADI & NEURONADI, Brunei
12. Tabung Bantuan Kemanusiaan, Zakat Pulau Pinang
Our coordinating efforts are continuing as we seek greater benefit and excellence in delivering our services.
Join us and be our friend in humanity.